Blog Sale

Thursday 16 February 2012

Rubbish eye shadow

Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect in Bronze Haze
If you don't have time for a full review I'll try to sum it up as succinctly as possible. These are absolutely crap

In theory this is a brilliant idea. I mean 1 pen sized applicator that gives a complete smoky eye look without the use of brushes or fiddly applicators? Yes please!

The colours available are all totally gorgeous but I figured I'd go for a simple pale cream/dark brown combo for everyday use. The cream end is rounded and meant for use of the entire lid but the colour is so pale when applied that it hardly seems worth the effort. The brown end is tapered and is meant to be used as the crease/liner colour; the shade is really pretty but much lighter than it looks once it’s been applied
The biggest problem I have with this is that it creases. And not just a little bit. I wore this today over my Soap & Glory Primer (It's About Prime) and by the end of the day I had a practically no colour on my lid and a thick unpleasant looking line along my crease. This is a frequent complaint when it comes to cream shadows and also the reason I usually avoid them
Another thing that bothers me about this is the actual method of application because the little sticks are shaped to work with the contours of the eye but can’t be sharpened… I find them perfectly easy to use at the minute but I can't see things being quite so straightforward once the tapered end of the brown colour wears down cos it'll end up being a big round stick of colour, which won’t be too practical when I'm using it as a liner or crease shade
I found this really disappointing and although I really hate wasting money on products that I only use once or twice I just can’t see me bothering with this in the future. To think that I could have bought 8 fantastic high quality MUA eye shadows for the same price!

Other stuff :

Cost - £7.99
Shades available - 8
Would I repurchase? - Not even if the price was reduced to free

3 comments:

makeupjelena said...

I completely agree with you, I have this eye shadow too and I don't like it for the same reasons.

Beauty Fiend said...

I made the mistake of buying the black one and it was beyond awful such a waste of money
www.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
x

All Made Up said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this totally rubbish!

Claire I couldnt agree more! I just wish products would do what they say on the packet instead of making me find ways to make them work :)