Blog Sale

Friday 25 November 2011

Sucky Soap & Glory blush that sucks

Soap & Glory Love At First Blush
Know what sucks? Being sure a product is absolutely, definitely, totally, for-sure, 100% gonna be brilliant and then finding out it’s actually kinda rubbish :(

Everything about this blush appealed to me; I fell in love with the packaging, loved the name and have adored every Soap & Glory product I’ve ever bought but unfortunately I found the blush totally meh and a bit blah

Because I'm so pale I was a bit worried that this would be ridiculously bright and clown-like on my cheeks but the opposite was true! The colour is so light that I had to keep going back to the pan to get more product and it still looked more like a dusky pink highlighter shade than an actual blush. Which would be fine if it was called a pink-toned highlighter but if I pay good money for a blush then I expect a blush!!
I like the little shimmery white slivers cos the shade is nice as an under-brow and inner-corner highlighter, very handy if you're on the go or just couldn't be arsed using loads of separate products when you're getting ready. But again; if I wanted little shimmery highlighters then that’s what I would’ve been shopping for!

I think the colour is grand as a highlighter, the texture is ok and the price is too high. So it would seem the dreaded day has arrived. I’ve bought a Soap & Glory product I don’t like :(

Summary:

Shade - Pink, Pop, Pearl
Cost - £11
Size – 7.5g
How high does it register on the crappy scale of crappiness? An impressively bad 9 outta 10
Will I repurchase? – Nope, not likely

3 comments:

lalalucy1000 said...

Ahh im with you honey ive never bought any Soap and Glory products ive been unhappy with, so im sorry the day has came for you. I agree, if you buy and pay for a blush thats what you should get. x x

Caroline said...

I felt exactly the same about their new powder highlighter. I think I'll just stick to their skincare products from now on xx

Stacycins said...

Ahh im with you honey ive never bought any Soap and Glory products ive been unhappy with, so im sorry the day has came for you. I agree, if you buy and pay for a blush thats what you should get. x x