Blog Sale

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer

Is it just me or do some concealers do a really really good job of drawing attention to the area they're s'posed to be concealing?! I have at least half a dozen that leave my dark cirles looking creased, dry and a strange colour which isn't exactly what I'm going for. I was well impressed by the Maybelline 24hr Super stay liquid concealer so when I was browsing the Maybelline counter recently I figured I may as well try the Liquid Minerals one too…

This has been an absolute saviour over the last week or so cos I've had a few angry looking red spots on my chin (oddly they've been fairly flat so I've been more concerned about hiding the redness than the shape) and this has done a great job of disguising them for most of the day. Also, I haven't been sleeping the best so the circles under my eyes are slowly become a rather unpleasant shade of navy as the week goes on. And with this only being Tuesday I imagine I'll be pretty frightening by Friday
I've found liquid concealers less reliable than cream ones when it comes to coverage because they tend to be quite runny or translucent so I usually have to reapply them more frequently. Yet I almost always use liquid concealers but I guess that has a lot to do with buying ones that match foundations I already have!

When I use a teensy tiny amount of this under my eyes they look a million times brighter, even before I've applied any foundation or mascara. In fact it makes me look exactly like Jennifer Lopez. Ok that bit was a lie but it's still a fab product :)

7 comments:

Ashchronicles said...

LOL-ed at Jennifer Lopez..XD Well, good that it worked for you! ^^

Papish said...

I have the same concealer among all my concealer stuff (yes, I have some of them... trying to find the best...). It's quite good, I agree :)

Tracy D said...

Sold, can't wait to try this!

denise ❤ said...

nice review! :)

All Made Up said...

Thanks all! I've never come across the "perfect" concealer but at least I have an excuse to keep buying more, eh? :)

Annette said...

Love this too! Blends in like a dream and doesn't look pastey or cakey. It also doesn't set in my wrinkles. You're spot on again:-)
I can't get Collection 2000 in France but i will be in the UK next month. Would you recommend their much blogged about concealer? Or is it similar to the Maybelline Superstay which i find covers really well but looks dry and chalky under my eyes?
I've started my list of UK must haves - can't wait!

Molly Dyson said...

so annoyed this has been discontinued as i really wanted to try this but ive found it elsewhere so hopefully will soon:)

http://www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk