Blog Sale

Sunday 1 January 2012

Best lip gloss in the history of ever

Sally Hansen Miracle Care Lip Saver in Serenity
As a teenager I had crooked teeth and it made me so uncomfortable I’d do my best to hide them at all costs. I’d cover my mouth when I laughed and I actually learned to talk whilst moving my lips as little as possible for fear that people would see my teeth; If I ever fancy a career change I might just give ventriloquism a go!

So as you can probably guess I avoided wearing lip products because I didn’t wanna draw attention to my mouth/teeth. Then I got braces, had my teeth whitened and am now pretty much addicted to buying all manner of lovely lip goodies. Hurrah for happy endings!

No, wait!… Nearly forgot to mention the whole point of this post… Sally Hansens Miracle Care Lip Saver!

I picked this up a few days ago and am absolutely amazed that I haven’t heard of it before!! This has got to be one of the most perfect glosses ever created and as someone who has tried, oooooh, about a million of them I don’t say that lightly

For me the texture is probably the most important thing about a lip gloss and this one is almost gel like so it leaves my lips feeling smooth and glossy; it’s also sticky enough to stay in place but not enough to feel yucky. I’d expected the colour to be fairly bright thanks to the fuchsia shade in the middle of the tube but when this is squeezed from the tube the clear gloss mixes with the coloured stuff and it turns into a beautiful pale shimmery pink. You can also choose the depth of colour by squeezing the middle of the tube (for a more sheer finish) or at the end (which adds more pink and gives a more colourful look)

All good so far and I haven’t even mentioned the applicator which is beyond awesome! This looks like a regular squeezy tube but the applicator is a really soft rubber material and it comes to a fine point so it couldn’t be easier to apply and always looks precise and nicely finished

This also gets bonus points for the sweet fruity scent and lip softening aloe and Vitamin E.

The only thing I don't like about this product? The lid and end of the tube - I'd prefer them to be silver cos I'm not keen on the gold. And considering what a fussy so and so I can be I reckon finding only one "fault" is pretty impressive!

Thanks for stopping by ♥

3 comments:

socialitedreams said...

sounds totally awesome! i've never even heard of it, will have to search my stores for it :D

Anonymous said...

LOL...I will also avoid products in gold packaging.... (don't think I've shared that before, glad you did first!)

Sara Johnsan said...

hey I like Lakme Lip GlossLink textMost