Blog Sale

Friday 9 September 2011

The scent most favoured by men?

When it comes to perfumes and body lotions my favourites are the ones that smell like food. Nothing beats the smell of yummy oranges, cherries, cinnamon or strawberries! My latest purchases have all been scented with vanilla, which has gotta be one of the best smells ever. Honestly I think it's right up there with freshly cut grass and coffee first thing in the morning, the only problem with it is that the smell means I'm constantly craving sweet foods (like vanilla ice-cream funnily enough)

And of course when it comes to delicious smelling body stuff few places rival The Body Shop. I got myself some bath and shower gel, body lotion (they don't do a vanilla body butter. What’s up with that?!) and perfume. I've been really impressed by 2 of them and fairly impressed by 1
The shower gel smells like heaven and is seriously economical; it's so concentrated that I only use about a teaspoon of it to wash my whole body. Twice. It creates a lovely lather and a tiny squirt of it under running water is enough for a fab bubble bath
The perfume (well, eau de toilette) is one of the most complimented scents I've ever used. It actually smells like proper vanilla pods mixed with vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with crushed vanilla cookies. So it's a wee bit vanilla-y. It's not the most long lasting perfume I've ever worn but by the same token it isn't one of those scents that enters the room before I do (giving people headaches and dizzy spells for good measure) so it suits me perfectly and is a good replacement for Fantasy by Britney Spears, which I've been using for years
Last of all we have the body lotion which is was the most disappointing of the 3 products. It smells absolutely edible and is quite fluid so doesn't take much time or effort to apply. Unfortunately once it's been applied it takes an age to be absorbed! I'm always left with a moist residue all over my body - It's not exactly greasy but it's just…well, kinda moist and just sitting there on top of my skin not getting to work with all the moisturising it's s'posed to be doing! The smell lasts a while and it's definitely helping with the dry areas around my knees and elbows but it's not the best body lotion ever

I was wearing the lotion and perfume the other day and one of my friends said she’d read that vanilla is the most favoured scent by men all over the world, which is apparently why a lot of perfumes use it as the base note. Rather surprising I thought cos I figured floral scents would be most widely liked. So I asked Adryen what his favourite smell is and know what he said? Yup, vanilla. Not the most scientific experiment or anything but still!...

3 comments:

Becki said...

I love Satsuma scented items from The Body Shop. I will have to try the Vanilla Perfume since I am almost out of Fantasy and that is the perfume believe it or not that I am complimented on the most when I wear it. It is almost embarrasing to tell people that it is Britney Spears, lol.

Lucy said...

I love vanilla scents, especially during fall and winter. It just feels so warm and comforting and yummy :)

Once I heard that men find the scent of lavender and pumpkin pie to be most alluring... but I never agreed with that statement... vanilla all the way :)

Anonymous said...

these look so nice!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog too, if you want to check it out?!

Alice x