Blog Sale

Monday 18 July 2011

High-end foundation dupes - Teint Miracle by Lancome

Evening all! Hope you had a marvellous weekend and a great Monday (if such a thing is possible)
It’s day 6 of my foundation dupes week and I’m gonna be recommending a dupe for my absolute favourite Lancome foundation; Teint Miracle

If someone asks me to recommend a nice foundation that just looks like their own skin only better I’ll often suggest one of these. They’re always at the front of my foundation drawer cos I couldn’t even tell you how often I use them
High-end : Lancome Teint Miracle
Price : £26
Shade : 010
Drugstore : Myface Mymix foundation
Price : £12.99
Shade : Fair 01

The Myskin range is a fairly recent discovery for me; I’ve only been using the products for about 18 months but I’m already in love with almost everything I’ve tried (I bought a lipstick which looked nice in the shop but was seriously icky when I applied it at home but other than that I’ve been well pleased with my purchases) and the foundation has quickly become very high on my list of favourites because I literally can’t fault it

Each of these products give a beautiful sort of soft focus, airbrushed, non-cakey look to the skin that looks so natural you genuinely couldn’t tell that you’re actually wearing makeup. The texture is quite light and fluid so it's extremely easy to blend whether you use a foundation brush, sponge or your fingers! They’re also long lasting so if you pop these on over a primer there shouldn’t be any problem with them staying all fresh n perfect right through the day

One of the reasons I was first attracted to these was the light shades available. I’m ridiculously pale so it can be a bit of a nightmare finding a shade that’s actually light enough to match my skin without leaving me looking like one (or both) of my parents is a Wotsit

I think these are gorgeous on most skin types because they dry to a soft, ever-so-slightly-velvety texture which hopefully wouldn’t be particularly off-putting for anyone! I like how they aren’t too matte, shimmery, sheer or dewy because it means I can generally wear these regardless of how my skin is behaving and the end result is always a lovely healthy glow. Though a liberal application of concealer is required when my dark circles and chin-spots decide to make an appearance. Which is waaaay too often for my liking :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that's a lot of foundation! i really like the look of Mymix foundation

http://prettyonwderfulmakeup.blogspot.com

Alice x

Annette said...

I'm really enjoying your posts about these foundations. Can i ask what you think of Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral? (It's in the photo- bottom left!) I have dry skin and find it a great cheap foundation however it's NEVER mentioned by any of the bloggers i read. I would guess it wouldn't work on oily skin and would melt off in hot weather... on the plus side it never gives me spots and blends like a dream. Look forward to hearing your opinion:-)

J. said...

Great info about foundations! I have been using the same one for years, and think its time for a change (I think my skin changed somehow so the one I used to work doesn't look as nice on my anymore). I'm sure some of these reviews will help me a lot when choosing what foundation to get! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, what shade do you wear in Lancome teint miracle? It looks quite dark in the pic compared to all the other foundations. Also, how fair is the mymix? I'm in search of a dupe for teint miacle in a fair shade.