Blog Sale

Friday 4 February 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Hi everyone. My name’s Joy and I’m a foundation addict *cue embarrassed half-wave and much head bowing*

I think I’ve discovered my HG foundation about, hmmm, 100 times now? But even though I have lots of favourites I keep buying and trying new ones.

The latest is Rimmels Last Finish 25 Hour Foundation which is totally superb. Being a massive fan of the regular 16 hour version I just had to try this and it didn’t disappoint!

The bottle is a typical glass pump action one which suits me perfectly. I wear 200 Soft Beige as it’s basically like my skin but slightly warmer. This is thicker than the 16 hour version so takes a little bit longer to apply… I know people have mentioned this going patchy throughout the day but I generally find that if I spend enough time blending this then it stays even right up till I’m washing my makeup off before sleepy sleeps

I’d describe the coverage as medium-full cos it does a wonderful job covering up the icky blemishes around my chin and even though I only slept for about 2 and a half hours last night it did a bloody good job hiding my dark circles. Always a plus :)

The finish is natural and pretty – not mask like – and I’ve found it lasts well whether my skin is oily, dry or even slick with sweat (decided on a spur of the moment run on Sunday afternoon and this held up brilliantly)

For anyone who wants good long lasting coverage I’d say this is definitely worth a try. And at £6.99 for 30mls the price is pretty appealing too! ♥

15 comments:

Forever Miss Vanity said...

I tried this too, its quite nice :)
xx

jessycalouise.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've got this too and I love it :)

Tracy D said...

I love the Rimmel Stay matte in the summer, so maybe this would work for me too :)

Nail Dazzler Nails said...

I like rimmel specially the lipsticks but i try not to buy because they test on animals,(but sometimes i cannot resiste).

Sara said...

thanks for the review :) its lovely. I am so gonna try it out now.

LillianZahra said...

I tried this out too - it was the first ever foundation that I'd used and I was pretty impressed. It blended really well and while I didn't test it for 25 hours it was definitely long-lasting! x

SweetLikeJelly said...

I'm hearing great reviews of this. Not really a full coverage fan though but I'll be passing the recommendation on thanks!

lalalucy1000 said...

OMG this sounds right up my street... I shall be picking a bottle up :) :)xx

Stevista said...

It sounds great, I'm adding it to my list. Yep, I'm a foundation addict too hehe! ;)

What's the difference between this and the 16hr version, apart from the thickness of the product? :)

Thanks! :)

xxx

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Thanks for the review! I'm still on the lookout for a good foundation, haven't been trying a lot though because of money :(

I'd also like to know how this one compares to the 16 hr version?

Thanks again! <3

Vintage Lady said...

I also am a big fan of the fan of the regular 16 hour version! I will have to try this one!

All Made Up said...

Stavroula and Emily I reckon the only big differences are the texture (this is definitely much thicker than the 16hr one) and the ability to last… I’ve never worn any foundation for more than about 18 hours but I’ve noticed that after a long day at work the 25 hr version looks fresher than the 16 hr version! :)

Stevista said...

Awwww thanks Joy!! :) x

Anonymous said...

I've tried this. I liked the coverage, but I just wish they did lighter shades. The "ivory" is far too dark!

All Made Up said...

Inga I've found the same thing too :( a lot of the cheaper brands don't seem to do extremely pale shades, which is grand in summer if I have a bit of a tan but not great during the rest of the year!