Blog Sale

Sunday 20 February 2011

My top 5 Estee Lauder skin care products

As much as I adore the Estee Lauder range (and I really do) it’s one of those brands that seems more suited to my mum… maybe it’s the advertising or the packaging or something but I always think of it as a middle-aged womans brand. However, there are literally dozens of products from the collection that I swear by so I wanted to mention a few all time favourites
Idealist Pore Minimising Skin Refiner

When I was about 20 I had serious issues with the pores on my cheeks and nose; they were more like gigantic craters than pores and I hated the way my foundation used to sink into them, making them even more noticeable. I mentioned this to the Sales Assistant when I was buying an Estee Lauder foundation and she recommended Idealist. This has been an essential part of my beauty routine since then and one of the things I like best is that it gets to work on the first application and the results get better and better the longer you use it… Personally I often use this instead of a primer (I find that there’s no need for both) at £37 for 30mls it’s not exactly cheap but I’m more than happy to splash out on something if it actually works!

DayWear Plus

One of the first Estee Lauder products I bought and I actually picked it up just cos I fell in love with the smell. It’s so fresh and clean, reminds me of cucumber. And of course the fact that’s it’s packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins makes me feel like I’m really looking after my skin. I find this extremely hydrating and it leaves my skin looking bright and feeling smooth

Revelation

A fantastic cream that I like to slather on when my skin is looking a bit dull. I don’t like the smell and I find the residue it leaves behind makes me look a tad shiny so this is fab to wear at night but I wouldn’t consider using it during the day (although it’s s’posed to be used AM and PM)

Resilience Lift Extreme

A really rich day cream that I often opt for when my skin is particularly dry. The slightly old-fashioned, traditional floral scent is actually rather nice and I like how this is absorbed extremely quickly

Perfectionist [CP+] correcting serum for lines/wrinkles/age spots

This is fantastic for giving a really bright, luminous complexion. I often find that my concealer and/or foundation sinks into the teensy lines around my eyes and lips (I should mention that they aren’t actually wrinkles – just areas of delicate skin where the texture of the skin is more noticeable) and this stops that from happening. It’s also extremely smoothing so its great as an everyday makeup base

Do you use anything by Estee Lauder? Or do you have specific skin care goodies that you always stick to? ♥

19 comments:

Laura said...

I also associate Estee Lauder with woman of my mums age ! But they do have some nice products

Laura x

Radiant Make Up said...

I'm going to try some more estee lauder stuff - i've only tried two and neither worked with my skin, I had a reaction, but I might check out the serum!! x

ale said...

i need an eye cream from estee lauder, i heard that they're the best but for me the only problem is that they have high prices

Sherrie said...

I have tried their Daywear and love the smell and texture but that's about it. I would love to try more from their range. I love their makeup! The smell of the lippies are lush! x

Jenni said...

Interesting post! I've been curious at EL's skincare, have you tried the Advanced Night Repair? (the serum in brown bottle)?

Tamera said...

You always do such great detailed reviews/posts. Thanks for sharing this!
Tamera xo

http://www.tamerastake.blogspot.com/

Straight Up Glam said...

I really want to try the Perfectionist, now! My pores aren't that big and people have told me you can't even see them, but it's been something that's bothered me for a while. I've seen and heard about this before, but I think I will actually give it a go! The only EL skincare product that I have tried is the Advanced Night Repair Eye. I liked it, but didn't love it, and I do decided that EL was for more mature ladies so I stopped using it, haha!

One other thing that I am interested in is the new Day Wear tinted moisturizer. It comes in one shade that adjusts to your skintone. The smell is gorgeous!

Thanks so much for posting this! =)

Andrée xx

Dee said...

Haha, I'm pushing middle age, but I think of EL as an "old lady" brand. I do like a lot of their products, though. I LOVE the CP+ Perfectionist serum. That is one of my all time favourite skincare products.

Stacey said...

Nice post hun! I got this and the Advanced Night repair for Christmas I'm loving them too. Post to come x

http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

Priscila said...

so nice!!! Have a cute blog!

xoxox
Pri
modamusthave.blogspot.com

Audrey♥ said...

great post :) what did you think of the Mymix foundation by the way? x

nicoletta said...

I really love idealist it makes a huge difference to my skin. I also love the scrub that heats up. I cant remember the name but it works amazingly well on my skin. I really like a lot of the makeup too xx

Mistress said...

I love Estée Lauder. Every time I taste something of the brand , I finally buy it. I have the Double Wear make up, the Pore minimizing serum and the night advanced repair serum

Bettina@BeautySwot said...

I used to have the idealist and daywear plus - good products, my mum is using the Advanced Night Repair and her skin is looking amazing

All Made Up said...

Thanks for all your fab comments!

Jennifer I used the Advanced Night Repair serum and eye cream for about 3 months… They were absorbed really easy and felt lovely on my skin but I never really noticed any big changes so decided to try something else instead. I’m not exactly loyal to a brand if it doesn’t seem to be working :)

Andrée I’m exactly the same! My sis reckons you can’t even see my pores but when I look in the mirror they’re the first thing that jump out at me – esp the ones on my nose and cheeks which are like giant craters! I was looking at the Day Wear tinted moisturiser last time I was in Boots and really want it but just don’t wanna spend the pennies on it. Might wait till summer when my skin is more forgiving and will let me get away with not wearing foundation ♥

Kripaluji Maharaj said...

These all seems to be great international stuffs. Thanks for sharing them with me.

Aimee. said...

I had 2 eye shaddows from them and was 1st time ive ever used a whole eye shaddow x

Unknown said...

I think herbal products are top skin care products for women as they do not have any side effect and are much beneficial.

Unknown said...

Love the Double Wear makeup....and the lipstick...but always use. Murad for skin care.