Blog Sale

Sunday 23 January 2011

Urban Decay Brow Box


Know what I’d love? Gorgeously thick and perfectly preened Audrey Hepburn style eyebrows that shape my face and draw attention to my eyes. Alas, mine are fine, sparse and way to light to draw any attention whatsoever :(

I can’t stand those fake looking “drawn on” eyebrows that a lot of people seem to sport (been guilty of this myself but it was a long time ago so if it’s ok with you I reckon we should just brush past that!) I also don’t want to spend ages drawing in my brows because… Well… because I’m lazy and would rather spend the time doing other stuff

So I was rather chuffed when I came across Urban Decays Brow Box. I bought my first one a couple of years ago and have used these consistently ever since. There are 5 shades available and I vary which one I use depending on my skin tone - changes quite a bit from season to season – but the fact that there are 2 shades in each box means you can combine them or use them separately to get the perfect colour

I adore all the Urban Decay packaging because it’s so, you know, purple? And, er, girly. Yeah, I’m not too sure why I love it so much but I just know that when I see an Urban Decay beauty product I cant help but get little excited :)

This little box comes with 2 brow powders, a teensy angled brush, tweezers and some brow wax

The powders are completely natural looking and last forever, the brush is perfectly shaped and easy to use and the wax ensures that your new brow creation lasts all day long. The tweezers are a bit naff (think Swiss army knife quality as opposed to Tweezerman quality) but work well for plucking out those annoying stray hairs that always appear at the worst possible time

At £16 this isn’t exactly cheap but it lasts ages and thanks to the way it adds the perfect finishing touch to any makeup look I reckon it’s totally worth it ♥

11 comments:

Leah said...

**wishes had Audrey Hepburn style borws*
This looks good! Probably not best for blonde brows though :(

Leah xx

Bibi said...

Ah Audrey Hepburn has the best eyebrows. Gorgeous lady!
This looks like a great product! I always loved the 'natural eyebrows' better than the drawn on... I'm actually very happy with mine ^^ Because I wear glasses, thicker eyebrows look better, because they define the face, so yay for my eyebrows! Lol :p

nicoletta said...

Great review, it looks lovely. I tend to use a matte brown eyeshadow and a brush but i have been looking at some little sets like this. Have you tried the ELF one before? Just wondering because they look quite similar? xx

*Zoe* said...

Great review. I often think about purchasing one of these but have never ended up getting one. I'll have to take another look at them.
Zoe x
My blog, DiamondSolitaire

Stacey said...

I've seen these a few times, my eyebrows can be a bit unruly at times too, one is thicker than the other. These sets look perfect, nice bit of wax to stay in place too! x

http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

GlamourMe said...

I was going to buy this a few months ago, but on a last minute I chose not to. I usually like to do a research on an item before I buy it so I don't waste money.
I agree with you I too hate drawn on brows. Sometimes it does look good on some girls, but I think I will stick to my natural looking shape. Often I don't use anything on my brows.
However, I will have a look at this product again when I am next in the shop.
Thanks for this post :)

Anonymous said...

Great review! I really want to try this out now! :) x

Emma said...

I love your blog !
makeup lovers !
xxxx
http://sugarsoflife.blogspot.com

All Made Up said...

Leah they do a blonde version too!

Bibi I’m so jealous cos I wear glasses too (well except when I opt for my contacts!) and I hate the way my brows are so faint and unnoticeable – I’ve been wearing brow products more n more because I definitely think nice precise brows finish off a look perfectly :)

Nicoletta I haven’t tried the ELF one but pretty much every review I’ve read has been positive!… I always used a brown eyeshadow (plain Clinique one) and an angled brush myself. I was won over by the Urban Decay box, if it wasn’t for that I probably wouldn’t have picked it up ♥

♥ Stacey ♥ one of my eyebrows is higher than the other. People say it’s not noticeable but of course when I look in the mirror it’s one of the first things that jumps out at me! I love how these kinda powders work so well that I can actually even my brows out so they look (almost completely) symmetrical

GlamourMe I’d recommened trying all the different shades in the shop before you buy one! I figured I’d need the really dark version but it looked horrible and fake when I tried it, ended up with a medium brown instead and it suits me perfectly :)

Anonymous said...

i couldn't agree more with you on this. I got one for Christmas and I love it! Unfortunatly my mam got me a darker one than I needed (the rest were sold out), but thanks to it having two different colours in, I can use the lighter shade! I was so happy as I thought I wouldn't be able to use it at first lol

Unknown said...

The artist on the counter used this on me and I fell in love! Great Review!

Cat x

http://cheshirecatchats.blogspot.co.uk/