Blog Sale

Thursday 18 November 2010

bits n bobs

I promised myself I wouldn’t spend more than absolutely necessary over the next few weeks cos I’m saving some pennies for Christmas pressies. Isn’t it incredible how you can completely convince yourself that you definitely need more candles and another gorgeous cream chunky knit scarf? (£8 from Primark, at that price it’d be rude not to)

Jelly Belly Strawberry Cheesecake candle. How cute is this?!


Yankee Candles for my bedroom(Cranberry Chutney and Kiwi Berries) I adore candles cos I think they make a room feel so cosy, and the fact that these ones smell fantastic is a bonus


Oh and I wanted to mention my Eyeko lip gloss cos I’d wanted one for ages so I was all chuffed when it arrived in the post a few days ago. I’ve been wearing it non stop to see what I think because I don’t like to go by first impressions...Unless we’re talking about the girl who works in my local coffee shop that is. I called in for a hot chocolate on my way to work this morning and whilst she was heating the milk she “subtly” stuck her hand under her t shirt, scratched her armpit and then sniffed her fingers! I felt queasy all the way to work. I cant see my first impression of her changing easily :)

But on a more pleasant note I’m loving the lip gloss! It’s one of those pink-with-a-hint-of-gold-shimmer glosses so it reflects the light beautifully and looks all shiny and pretty. I love the design on the packaging and the standard squeezy tube for easy application but the actual texture is nothing to write home about. It’s sticky enough to last a while and slick enough to feel comfortable but that’s about all.

Eyeko lip gloss in Portobello - awesomely pretty pink shade methinks


All gold n shiny when it catches the light!


One of the things I like best about this gloss is that it smells scrumptious! It’s sweet and kinda reminds me of cola cubes which has gotta be a good thing!

Anywho, I’m heading to a friends tomorrow night to watch some tv and eat some seriously unhealthy but totally delicious food so I probably wont get a chance to post anything (Booooo!!) Hope you have a fantastic Friday and enjoy your weekend :)

23 comments:

Ai said...

How can you say no to yummy smelling candles? I could never do it :P

xoxo
Ai

liquoredonlacquer said...

Ohh that jelly Belly candle must smell amazing!! :-)

xox

Anonymous said...

That Jelly Belly candle looks awesome! I bought two of those Eyeko glosses myself, (I should swatch them already!) and I love them too, they smell so tasty. The Fat Balms smell good too, I like the Strawberry one.

liketreasure said...

where can you purchase the Jelly Belly candle? :) x

SleepandMakeup said...

yummm... looks like somethin i want to eat despite te fact that theyre not edible. lol.

Anonymous said...

i love candles!! im going to light some now cuz i saw yours heheh

Stacey said...

Lipglosses look beautiful, I've been after a chunky scarf too, £8 is such a bargain! ;p

http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

manths said...

love this blog!! I've just set up a blog about life, make up and beauty reviews and my day to day happenings -check it out if you like wholelottalove-manths.blogspot.com
look forward to reading your posts!
Sam xx

Katie said...

Where did u get the jelly belly candle from? Strawberry cheesecake sounds amazing!!! The lipgloss looks lovely too :)

xxx

Helene said...

You are my blog of the week on my blog this week:)
xoxo
frkbilmerke.blogspot.com

Emma said...

omg i LOVE the strawberry cheesecake scent! the toasted marshmallow one is yummy too :)

a said...

I bet the candle smells goregeous. Like the lip gloss shade, pretty X

My shoes please said...

I love the Eyeko products!

Makeup And Fashion Freak said...

lovely candles...liked the lipgloss shade..

o said...

I know... it's so hard to save money!! :/
I keep trying to convince myself I'm getting a great deal... hahaha

Melody said...

That Strawberry Cheesecake Jelly Belly candle looks awesomely cuteee! I wonder what it smells like XD

martienn said...

i like ur blog !
is amazing !
cute <333


follow me and write comment if you want ;*

Ofra Cosmetics said...

Love the candles! nice blog followed!

liz said...

OMG you should tell someone about that, and probably not get coffee there again! ew! That lipgloss looks pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love that jelly belly candle! I really want one now! Great post doll :) Thanks for visiting my blog by the way :) I'm now following you!

Sriya xx

Lipglossandleopardprint.blogspot.com

Stevista said...

I love candles so much, especially when they have a nice scent :)

xxx

All Made Up said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments! I got the Jelly Belly candle in local candle store here in Belfast that only opens for 3 months over the Christmas period... But you can also get them here http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/jelly-belly-candles Let me know what you think if you order any!

Candy Apples I couldnt possibly say no which is why I’ve amassed dozens of candles in LOADS of different scents – no such thing as too much of a good thing I reckon!! :)

Helene thanks you very much indeed! Just got this comment so I’m gonna have a nosy now. Considering there are literally thousands and thousands of awesome beauty blogs I really really appreciate it! ♥

Marisa said...

I've been hearing a lot of good things about those candles!
oh a little shopping never hurt anybody, even when we're saving :)