Blog Sale

Wednesday 20 October 2010

The Body Shop Vitamin C and my 1st ever CG goodies!

Good evening all! Hope you’re enjoying your week, personally I’m very glad the weekend is nearly here! A girl in work recently referred to Wednesdays as “hump days” because it’s the “hump” of the week that everyone looks forward to getting over. Yeah, I had to drag my mind out the gutter pretty quickly too :)

So I picked up a few things on my way home from work today that I think deserve a mention!

I got a few items from the Vitamin C collection at the body shop because I’d heard great things about them and I’ve always been a big fan of the body shop products :) I got the Microdermabrasion exfoliator (£10) Facial Radiance Powder Mix (£12) and the Eye Reviver Duo (£10)
As you might’ve noticed from previous posts I’m constantly at war with my skin because it just wont do what it’s told so I’m hoping these products will help kick it into shape! The Radiance Mix lasts 10 days so I’ll do a review once I’ve given it a chance to work it’s magic
Oh oh oh! I called into my local pound shop and got my first ever Cover Girl products today! I’m constantly hearing people bang on about how fantastic the Cover Girl stuff is and loads of the American bloggers seem to create exquisite looks using them. It’s really hard to come by in the UK so when I saw 3 items for £1 I almost screamed with excitement. I’m a bit sad like that.
The only colours left were the more “unusual” options but I managed to get a Midnight blue eye pencil, navy eye shadow and plum lip stick. I reckon I could create a fairly nice navy smokey eye look this weekend to celebrate my new purchases!

18 comments:

ARES said...

I've never bought anything at The Body Shop.. maybe should stop by and see what they have to offer me lol.

Great buys especially the Cover Girl buys.

Miss War Paint (Nic) said...

Yay! I wanna hear hear how the powder mix goes! I almost bought it when it first launched but it seemed a bit pricey....by my standards anyway!

And yipeee for your £1 purchase! I started using CG stuff when I went to America on holidays! I so wish I could go there and buy loads! I picked up some CG foundations from my Poundland recently! Oh the glamour :-P xxxx

Leslie said...

I really like CoverGirl, especially their lipstains and glosses.

Leticia said...

I can't wait to find out how you like the skin care!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I love the look of that eye shadow.

Jamie K. said...

nice TBS purchases! i thought of getting the vit C skin boost. used their sample satchets, really smoothens my skin in is quickly absorbed :D pricey too, so hope that there's a sale soon hehe
enjoy ur products and let us knw how they go!

Rentu said...

the tbs vitamin c range is actually great

Irene Blushing Loves said...

I dont actually buy anything from Body shop but find them so interesting!Need to check them out!!
Lovely haul!!!
xxx

Unknown said...

please review the Body Shop vitaminC' products =D!! they seem very interesting and working well (?)=D!!

Lara's Pint Of Style said...

I have a Cover Girl trio called Cafe' au lait. It's perfect to take you from day to night easily and lasts forever! Sadly, it is the only product I own from them because we don't get CG in Malta. Usually, my aunt, who lives in Florida gets me stuff from them :)

Katie said...

3 for a £1! thats soo good! I'm gonna have to go have a look around for some near me :)

xxx

Stevista said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of the TBS items you got! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh cant wait for all your reviews of things! :)

Hannah said...

I adore the body shop because it smells so lush. I'm always happy if I get bodyshop at Christmas! ♥

www.madeupbyhannah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great post! I love the body shop! Also, i'm having my first giveaway that you might be interested in, here's the link if you are:
http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-giveaway.html

Red said...

Be careful with the Vitamin C range if you have sensitive skin, at least that's what the girl in th shop told me whan I bough a scrub a few years ago!

Didn't know that you could find CG in the UK! I should check my local pound shop more often...Great colors by the way!

nicoletta said...

I love the smell of the vitamin c range at the body shop and well done on hunting out the poundshop bargains. If you pop in regularly you are bound to get some more as they have different stock everytime i look. Would love to see a FOTD with your new products x

Marisa said...

I REALLY want to try that line from the body shop, tell us how it work for you latter please ((: